Competitors must not enter a horse at a level below that for which they have official competition results.
- All horses must be 4 years of age or older.
- Gloves are compulsory, and preferably white.
- Test to be ridden from memory. No callers allowed.
- Starting order will be according to a random draw.
- All Dressage tests will be run in accordance with Current EA Rules in the EA Dressage Competition Rules, which can be obtained from the EA website.
- Whips are permitted (not exceeding 1.2m including tassel for horses and 1.0m for ponies)
- Horses may not compete below their graded level (if an official dressage grading applies). However, horses graded FEI are permitted to compete Advanced if no FEI classes are offered.
- Only snaffle bits are allowed unless competing at Medium or above.
- Spurs can be used at all levels.
- Bridle numbers must be worn on both sides of the bridle or saddle blanket.
- Bridle numbers will be issued by the Event.
Scoring – As per EA National Dressage Rules.
If a horse is eliminated, does not finish, or is scratched from a test no points will be awarded.